Yimin Wang, Lumina Learning Partner
What does success mean as a Lumina Learning practitioner? And what steps do you need to take to be successful?
The practitioner who has it all
Some practitioners are what I like to call 3D practitioners – they excel at all three of the Ds:
- Business Development
These practitioners become known as the expert, the go-to person, a problem solver, an opinion leader.
So, can you only be successful as a practitioner if you can master all three of the Ds? Of course not. We can’t all be a 3D practitioner – some of us excel at delivery but not design, or business development but not delivery.
Strategy for success
To be a successful Lumina Learning practitioner you need to live what you sell and be self-aware. Understand your strengths and the areas you’re less strong in, then use that knowledge to help you develop your strategy and drive your success.
Your vision of success as a practitioner will vary depending on whether you are a business practitioner, delivering Lumina Learning solutions to clients, or a client practitioner, delivering Lumina Learning solutions within your own organisation. As the vision of success differs, so should your strategy and the path to success.
For a business practitioner, success likely means building a successful coaching/training practice. How can you do that? Just follow this simple 4-step framework:
- Understand your preference and skills in three areas – business development, design, and delivery
- Define your own niche and promote yourself
- Work with suitable partners – a coaching/training firm, other practitioners, and other professionals
- Enhance your niche and branding
For a client practitioner, success is focused more around effectively introducing Lumina Learning solutions to your organisation. To increase your likelihood to succeed, follow four simple steps:
- Understand Lumina Learning solutions and its applications
- Spot the suitable opportunities and introduce Lumina Learning solutions to your organisation
- Increase your sphere of influence and position yourself as an innovative business partner
- Create personal development opportunities
Read other Articles